Why Join Cotich?
- Because it offers you an opportunity to participate and exchange experiences with professional translators and interpreters across the country.
- Because belonging to COTICH is an endorsement to your professional qualifications.
- Because appearing in our data base and web page can open up new job opportunities for you.
- Because it will give you access to the Association’s dictionaries and glossaries.
- Because by being on our data base you will be kept abreast of different profession-related activities and issues.
Who can apply for COTICH membership?
All translators and/or interpreters with a professional degree or who can account for over three years’ experience may apply. All applications are subject to review by the Board of Directors, who will decide upon the merits of each application. Some requirements for membership are as follows:
If you would like to apply to the Association, please click here or click here to contact us.
- To hold a translating/interpreting degree awarded by a Chilean or foreign university recognized by the Chilean state;
- To hold a university degree in another subject awarded by a Chilean or foreign university recognized by the Chilean state and attest to at least three years’ experience as a translator;
- To hold a degree awarded by a professional translation/intepretation institute and account for three years’ of professional experience, duly documented;
- To be a member of a duly recognized Chilean or foreign association of translators/interpreters;
- To have practiced translating/interpreting activities for at least five years, duly documented;
- To be accepted by the Board of Directors, who may require the candidate to take an admission test before a Commission designated by the Board.
Copyright © Cotich AG 2016